Re: [opensuse] Re: what to put on a _small_ netbook
On 9/21/2011 8:54 AM, Malcolm wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 08:19:14 +0200
Hans Witvliet<suse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
Have you looked at xpud

Honestly, i've never heard about it.
Just had a look at the site, and indeed, basic system at just 35MB...
Now that is what i call a minute footprint!!

I've played around with it on the netbook, runs very well. There are
some other versions around for system backups etc.

But that isn't the biggest issue: the AA1 is equiped with 8GB flash.
It is more they size of the display (10") that worries me.
mainstream managers (i'm not sure if it is windowmanager or
displaymanager) simpy expect people to have atleast 46" display on
they desktop ;-)))

Well you could always get on SuSE Studio and look through the gallery,
else roll your own?

I've been working on a blackbox version, have it running in vbox;
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/z2hzwp0q1dnsjutcszuju8c5uqyyrvfx/

Have resurrected it for 11.4 along with some of the plugins, bbdock is
now working as well.

nice!

--
bkw