Re: [opensuse] Re: Howto repair - corrupt jpeg file - anything new out there?
On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 12:04:54 +0200, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

cameras don't only format, but create special file structure,
proprietary software...

But my experience is that the special file/directory structure is
created on the first access to the card. That's why you can simply
plug in SD/CF cards as they are already formated and use them. I only
had to format them when I wanted to partition them and/or use a fs
other than FAT (for those cards/flash drives that wheren't used in my
cameras).

Philipp