Re: [opensuse] How to set the time when cron.daily executes ?
Andreas said the following on 09/20/2011 05:50 PM:

I have a backup script in /etc/cron.daily that generates havy cpu load
for some minutes.
On my older system it ran late at night but now it executes in the
working hours.
Now I'm wondering if I could set the time when cron runs those daily
scripts.

Why not "Don't bother"?

If you want to run a script late at night, why put it in cron.daily?

Why not make a separate crontab entry for it that has it run late at night? Take it out of cron.daily and put it in a separate file.

--
They say that if you play a Win cd backward you hear satanic messages. That's nothing! 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs windows.