Re: [opensuse] How to set the time when cron.daily executes ?
Am 20.09.2011 23:22, schrieb Chuck Payne:
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Andreas<maps.on@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

how can I set the time when cron.daily executes ?
On earlier setups of OpenSuse the scripts in /etc/cron.daily ran very late
at night which is OK.
On my latest setup they get started at 09:45am.

Can I set it back to 04:00am ?

I use this on my servers to make sure that they are uptodate

@daily /usr/sbin/sntp -P no -r pool.ntp.org

If you want to do that at 4am it would look like this

0 4 * * * /usr/sbin/sntp -P no -r pool.ntp.org

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. :)

I don't want to set the system time.
I have a backup script in /etc/cron.daily that generates havy cpu load for some minutes.
On my older system it ran late at night but now it executes in the working hours.
Now I'm wondering if I could set the time when cron runs those daily scripts.