Re: [opensuse] How to set the time when cron.daily executes ?
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Andreas <maps.on@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

how can I set the time when cron.daily executes ?
On earlier setups of OpenSuse the scripts in /etc/cron.daily ran very late
at night which is OK.
On my latest setup they get started at 09:45am.

Can I set it back to 04:00am ?

I use this on my servers to make sure that they are uptodate

@daily /usr/sbin/sntp -P no -r pool.ntp.org

If you want to do that at 4am it would look like this

0 4 * * * /usr/sbin/sntp -P no -r pool.ntp.org

--
(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member

Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.