Re: Re: [opensuse] mounting an USB device
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 08:36:49PM +0700, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Thanks. The latest info I got from above reads:
Sep 20 20:25:04 dhcppc4 kernel: [19659.121101] FAT-fs (sdh): unable to read
boot
sector

Which gives me the reason I presume why I have a problem connecting.
This pure fat 16 drive is probably at the end of its usable life?
Or are there other reasons for this information?

Doesn't sound good, but I would rather test it on a different USB port on the
same machine and also on another PC and a different OS if possible, before
giving up on it.

--
Bye,

Stephan Barth

SUSE LINUX GmbH - Novell Technical Services
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend├Ârffer HRB 21284 (AG N├╝rnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuremberg