Re: [opensuse] on-line update error
On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 13:19:09 +0200
Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 04:52:44PM -0500, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 09/19/2011 03:57 PM, Carl Hartung wrote:

Just a note to point out the latest on-line update is yielding an
error at this end. Running 11.4 x86_64 s/ GNOME:

File
'./rpm/noarch/timezone-java-2011i_2011j-1.2.1.noarch.delta.rpm'
not found on medium 'http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.4/'

regards,

I think the file needs time to propagate and catch up with the

No. The mirrorbrain.org approach doesn't need propper propagation.
The brain knows about the state = does the requested file exist on the
closest mirror. If it doesn't exist you don't get redirected.

If you get redirected nevertheless something is broken and needs to be
addressed via a bug report.

But there might be a race condition. If the content at the mirror
gets deleted it takes some time till the database of mirrorbrain gets
updated.

Nevertheless we need to identify the causing mirror. And this
information is in your logs and therefore bugzilla is the way to go.

Lars

Hi Lars,

The system updated properly later in the evening, but if you'd like I'll
send you a log file to review. I'm a little busy and not exactly sure
what errors / text I'd be looking for.

Thx!

Carl