Re: [opensuse] mounting an USB device
On 2011/09/20 15:21 (GMT+0700) Constant Brouerius van Nidek composed:

Trying to mount a harddisk connected with a IDE/Sata USB hub.
Lsusb tells me : Bus 001 Device 005: ID 152d:2338 JMicron Technology Corp. /
JMicron USA Technology Corp. JM20337 Hi-Speed USB to SATA& PATA Combo Bridge

Trying to mount this piece of hardware I get the following information:

# mount /dev/bus/usb/001/005 /mnt
mount: /dev/bus/usb/001/005 is not a block device

As I need to do some copying from this harddisk I would like to know what I
should do to get this HD mounted.
Ideas?

You don't say which OS you run, so just do 'fdisk -l' to find out what partitions are available and which X in /dev/sdX was assigned to it by whichever USB discovery daemon found it when you attached it.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/