Re: [opensuse] ssh -X localhost
* James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> [09-09-11 21:46]:
Silviu Marin-Caea wrote:
This doesn't work in 11.4 Tumbleweed:

ssh -X localhost
xclock
Error: Can't open display:

The same works on SLES11. What has changed, why isn't X forwarded
anymore and what's the "approved" way to do it now?

It works fine for me. I use it all the time, with both 11.0 and 11.4
as well as many other versions and distros. In fact, I just did it
on my work server from home to run xclock and xcalc. I also often
use it to run yast2, wireshark and even browsers remotely. It just
works.

I have the same problem with 11.4 but worked[s] fine in 11.2 ???

the output of `ssh -vvvv -Y localhost` appears:
http://wahoo.no-ip.org/~pat/ssh.vvvv.txt

I have had no luck :^(