Re: [opensuse] decent vpn client for openSUSE 11.4?
James Knott wrote:
Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

Is there a vpn client for openSUSE 11.4 which can be used
by non root users and keeps connection (ie. does not hang
connections without reason)?

I used to use cisco vpnclient but I can't make it work in
11.4. I tried vpnc but can not run it/make vpn tunnel as
a regular user.

I use ifup method for networking, not networkmanager.

Thanks,

Istvan

I have used OpenVPN with good results. There's also IPSec, which is becoming the standard and supports IPv6. Even Android smart phones support IPSec.

Forgot to mention, I use sudoers to allow Muggles to control the VPN. I created a directory where I place scripts for the user to use that would normally require root permissions.