[opensuse] Kmail2 does not show inbox messages
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 15:15:04 +0700
Due to a sudden interruption of my computer I had to reboot and now the inbox
does not show the messages which are available. A new message was shown after
it
was uploaded but the counter said there were 2 unread messages. Looking in the
/.kde4/share/apps/kmail2 directory I found 8 emails in the inbox.
When I tell the kmail program to Update the inbox folder I get the message:
KMail folders: Error while reading mails from the folder box.

In the meantime two new emails have entered and are shown in the inbox folder.
The missing 7 are still not there.

I have the idea that I should assist akonadi by deleting a database and let
akonadi have a fresh start. Or I could read the 7 missing emails in e.g.
midnight commander and delete or move? them after reading. Or are there better
ways to get kmail2 working properly again?

--
Linux User 183145 using LXDE and KDE4 on a Pentium IV ,