Re: [opensuse] GoogleEarth
On Wednesday 07 September 2011 19:46:39 Mark Goldstein wrote:
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Stan Goodman
<stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 07 September 2011 16:11:19 Kim Leyendecker wrote:
Am 07.09.2011 14:40, schrieb Stan Goodman:
On Wednesday 07 September 2011 14:53:09 Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Hi

On 7.9.2011 13:41, Stan Goodman wrote:
> I have installed GoogleEarth. That went without
incident. > Now when I try to load it, the bouncing
mini-icon bounces > for a while (there is no disk
activity), then stops, and > GoogleEarth isn't loaded.
Where to look for a reason?

Try to run it in terminal, You'll probably see some errors
helping You find what happened...

> The system is oS v11.4 64bit.; KDE v4.6

Good luck,
Vojtěch

Very interesting.

Calling googleearth from a terminal gets "Command not found".

Searching for google* finds ~/bin/googleearth

lrwxrwxrwx 1 stan users 35 Jul 30 15:21 googleearth ->
/home/stan/google-earth/googleearth

but there is no such subdirectory in the home directory. I
wonder that there was a bouncing icon at all.

I should uninstall the rpm and try again, but I suppose if this
happened once it will probably happen again.

Try it. I downloaded the package from earth.google.com first and
it failed. a month or two after, i downloaded it again, and this
time, it´s running fine...

so, good luck to you :D

Ah! A fresh download. Thanks.

Strange. No problem here. Google Earth 6.0.3.2197, rpm (i386) dated
by 09-Apr-2011.
It installed itself in /opt/google/earth/free and created link
/usr/bin/google-earth, pointing to
/opt/google/earth/free/googleearth.

Interesting. That's very different from the way it has deployed itself
here. In a few days I'll reinstall from a fresh package and see what
happens.

--
Mark Goldstein

--