Re: [opensuse] GoogleEarth
On Wednesday 07 September 2011 16:11:19 Kim Leyendecker wrote:
Am 07.09.2011 14:40, schrieb Stan Goodman:
On Wednesday 07 September 2011 14:53:09 Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Hi

On 7.9.2011 13:41, Stan Goodman wrote:
> I have installed GoogleEarth. That went without incident.
> Now when I try to load it, the bouncing mini-icon bounces
> for a while (there is no disk activity), then stops, and
> GoogleEarth isn't loaded. Where to look for a reason?

Try to run it in terminal, You'll probably see some errors
helping You find what happened...

> The system is oS v11.4 64bit.; KDE v4.6

Good luck,
Vojtěch

Very interesting.

Calling googleearth from a terminal gets "Command not found".

Searching for google* finds ~/bin/googleearth

lrwxrwxrwx 1 stan users 35 Jul 30 15:21 googleearth ->
/home/stan/google-earth/googleearth

but there is no such subdirectory in the home directory. I wonder
that there was a bouncing icon at all.

I should uninstall the rpm and try again, but I suppose if this
happened once it will probably happen again.

Try it. I downloaded the package from earth.google.com first and it
failed. a month or two after, i downloaded it again, and this time,
it´s running fine...

so, good luck to you :D

Ah! A fresh download. Thanks.
--