Re: [opensuse] HP Touchpad and SuSE
On 9/3/2011 11:56 PM, John Andersen wrote:
The reason people are snapping them up at this cheap price is because the
Android community
has already go Android running on it (with limitations). This will only get
better over
forgive me if I am a little slow. I had to read this several times but since
I am not up to date on the tablet world, I am not sure I understand. Are you
saying that there is some flavor of Android OS operating on the HP already?

time because HP has hinted that they have no objection to this effort and will
supply
documentation on the driver interfaces to the hardware (much of which already
is used
in other similar units).

So the migration path of least resistance is to Android, (which is linux).
so, if HP ever does make more for $99, and I can get one, I might want to try
the Android OS rather than looking at SuSE (assuming the WebOS didn't do
what I needed)?

Damon Register