[opensuse] Re: Gmail replies to opensuse-stAJ6ESoqRxg9hUCZPvPmw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx are rejected.
  • From: Michael Powell <nightrecon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 01:10:40 -0400
Basil Chupin wrote:

On 05/09/11 13:11, phanisvara das wrote:
On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 08:36:56 +0530, Basil Chupin
<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From what I understand this is a feature of gmail - it does not
display the mail you sent to a list. Everybody else can see it but
you won't see it. The only time you will see it is when someone
responds to it and quotes your original message.

ah, this makes "sense," of course. gmail likes to do things
differently, and since the need of the hour seems to be to unburden
users by 'thinking for them,' often without telling them about it,
gmail took it upon themselves to lighten our inbox by swallowing your
posts. great!

Even though I do have a gmail account I do not use it. There may now be
a way to make your mail being displayed so I suggest one looks carefully
at the options available in 'your' account.

Quite possibly activate Gmail IMAP service and use a client which allows you
to send mail on its terms, such as text, foregoing the use of the webmail
interface through a browser.

-Mike