Re: [opensuse] ftp
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 22:16:34 +0200
On Sunday 04 September 2011 00:15:39 Basil Chupin wrote:
You are correct: 'gcc', 'make', 'mc' are no longer installed by default.
I compile the nVidia drivers from the nVidia site myself and therefore
have to install 'gcc' and 'make' as well as the mandatory
'kernel-source'. OK, the last is not something which needs to be
installed as a default but the other two, including 'mc'?......

We are all doomed, I tell you, all doomed :'( ........

You actually don't need kernel-source to compile kernel modules, you haven't
needed it for some time. You just need the relevant kernel-devel and kernel-
syms packages

gcc and the rest are, as Per mentioned, in the "base development" pattern,
which you can select during installation

Anders