Re: [opensuse] ftp
  • From: Jimmy PIERRE <jimmypierre.rouen.france@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 10:28:38 +0200
On 2 September 2011 09:23, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02/09/11 17:05, Felix Miata wrote:

On 2011/09/02 14:58 (GMT+0800) George OLson composed:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good FTP program? the add on
to firefox seems to work ok, but I would like other options.

FTP is just another of the wealth of blades in the world's best Swiss Army
Knife: Midnight Commander.

Aah...another person who recognises the sheer usefulness and brilliance of
Midnight Commander (mc) :-) .

Yes, I definitely like the description, "the world's best Swiss Army Knife:
Midnight Commander"......

The tragic part is that it is now not installed by default, as it used to be
in the past, when installing oS :-( .

BC

-George,

George,
Jimmy from nui.fr here.

I have created a ftp account on my server that I use with filezilla
and openSUSe 11.4

FTP account information

Below you will find the information needed to use the selected FTP
account. Information needed to connect to our FTP:

FTP server ftp.servage.net

Username: kabbadi
pwd: ftptest12345678

Tell me if this works for you.