Re: [opensuse] ftp
On 09/02/2011 01:17 PM, Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:
On 09/02/2011 12:41 AM, George OLson wrote:
I am trying to get filezilla to open up my website, but I can't and I
think it is because of my firewall. Can anyone tell me, do I allow
certain services in the "external zone" and in the "demilitarized
zone" in order to get it to connect?

filezilla doesn't give me any technical information as to why it
doesn't connect - it just says it cannot read the file structure on my
site.

What services does filezilla use?

Thanks,
George
can you use just ftp://ipaddress to see if you can at least connect?

I have all my services under the external zone.

Also, are you using apparmour? That may be an issue.

Is there anything in your ftp server log file saying a connection is
even being tried?

This is the sequence fileZilla goes through when I try to connect:

Command: PWD
Response: 211-Features:
Response: MDTM
Response: MFMT
Response: TVFS
Response: MFF modify;UNIX.group;UNIX.mode;
Response: MLST modify*;perm*;size*;type*;unique*;UNIX.group*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.owner*;
Response: SITE MKDIR
Response: SITE RMDIR
Response: SITE UTIME
Response: SITE SYMLINK
Response: REST STREAM
Response: SIZE
Response: 211 End
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
Response: 257 "/" is the current directory

So it remains connected, but I can't do anything because it does not retrieve the directory listing.