Re: [opensuse] Howto run Apache web server on read-only root file system
On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 06:25:58PM +0200, Monika Kistler wrote:

Out of security reasons I need to have the root file system mounted
read-only.

once again, I propably wasn't distinct enough...

What security does that provide according to your appreciation ? I only
see it as a false sense of security.

... I'm not talking about security in means of securing any attacks. We want
to secure file system
consistency, as the system I am developping for, is not guranteed to be
properly shutdown by the
user.

Then boot it rw till everything is up and turn the fs in ro afterwards.

An overlay fs might also be of use.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]