Re: [opensuse] Howto run Apache web server on read-only root file system
Hi David,

thanks a lot for your extensive answer.

I think you are going to have to provide a /tmp that is rw.

That indeed is a crucial point, which I unfortunately forgot to mention. Sorry
for that.

Our /tmp/ is linked to /var/roottmp/, thus it is writable:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jun 8 10:27 tmp -> /var/roottmp/

(A manual mktemp for example works out properly well.)

mv: inter-device move failed: `/tmp/apache2.PLbqAdT67tqh' to
`/etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf'; unable to remove target:
Read-only file system /usr/share/apache2/get_module_list: line 113:
/etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/global.conf: Read-only file system

As I understand this error, it is not possible to move
`/tmp/apache2.PLbqAdT67tqh' to
`/etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf', because the latter is not
writeable. Which again is due
to the read-only rootfs.

Cheers,
Moni