[opensuse] Re: Computer unreachable by browser

On 09/01/11 12:58, Tejas Guruswamy wrote:
On 01/09/11 11:37, Wolfgang Mueller wrote:
I have a small network with four computers, connected to a router
and declared in /etc/hosts as follows:

192.168.0.3 router # (Fritz Box)
192.168.0.16 acer # SuSE 11.4
192.168.0.15 toshiba # SuSE 10.1
192.168.0.13 yakumo # SuSE 11.2
192.168.0.14 sony # SuSE 9.1

Now, my most recent computer, "acer", running under SuSE 11.4, can
be accessed by ping from any other computer in the network, but not
by a browser, i.e. neither by kfmclient nor by Firefox nor by Opera.

I tried specifying both, the name "acer" and the IP number
192.168.0.16, but nothing helps. What can I do?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Wolfgang Müller

You do realise it has to be running some kind of server (http,
file, etc) for it to be useful in a file manager or browser, I
hope? But you haven't specified what services you're trying to
access.

Tejas

The service is /usr/sbin/httpd2-prefork -f /etc/apache2/httpd.conf.
But dropping and restarting it did not help.

Wolfgang