Re: [opensuse] camera, skype, microphone
On Thursday 01 September 2011 04:52:59 George P. Olson wrote:
On Wednesday 31 August 2011 6:12:16 PM Sven Burmeister wrote:
Another way of doing this is using KDE's systemsettings module for
sound and assigning devices to different "actions", i.e. capturing
sound/video etc.

Sven

The system settings worked! Great, now I can have a conversation on
skype without having to hold a desk microphone.

Whoa! In your precious not, you said you couldn't find the needed sub-
applet (neither can I), and suddenly "it worked". Where is this thing
that worked.

Now for the video - where do I need to look to get skype, and the
rest of my system, to fix the settings for my webcam? Skype shows
the image from my webcam, but it is very dark and therefore
basically unusable. WXcam is reading my webcam video with very clear
brightness, but it won't record audio. It says the webcam device is
on /dev/video0. I can see that file in my filesystem, but I think it
is a machine language file or something. I would not know how to
open it and look and see what is in it. I do not see anything in the
system settings module about how to modify the settings for a
webcam.

George

--
Stan Goodman