Re: [opensuse] 11.3 i586 - firefox crash and desktop lockup after updates
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:06:36 +1100

Guys,

Updated my 11.3 i586 box and firefox crashed in both kde3 and gnome
after updates. I uninstalled kde4-integration and it is still crashing.
In gnome, it locks the whole desktop requiring a hard-reset of the box.
The crash reports are:
Have a look at the file called places.sqlite. My wife's computer was doing similar things. I remember reading that doing a VACUUM on this file often made FF 'nippier', but there was no way I could apply the command line script- it just wouldn't do any "vacuuming". I had a look inside this sqlite file and it appeared (compared to the one I have) corrupted so I replaced it with one from a backup done a while back and now FF is behaving again. Your problem may have a different source of course but won't hurt to have a look....

BC

--
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and
won't change the subject.