Re: [opensuse] find plugin which plays video streams in firefox
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 19:32:11 +1100
On 28/12/2010 01:19, Istvan Gabor wrote:
2010. december 27. 4:30 napon Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:

On 27/12/2010 03:05, Istvan Gabor wrote:

2010. december 26. 14:29 napon Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:

On 26/12/2010 23:54, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I would like to watch video content at Hungarian TV archive,
eg. this one:

http://videotar.mtv.hu/Videok/2010/12/23/21/Tarlos_Istvan_Budapest_helyzeterol.aspx

I tried different plugins for firefox but so far I could not
find any which is able to play it.
(I tested kaffeine starter plugin, mplayer plugin 3.55, gecko
media player 1.0.0, totem browser plugin 2.28.1, vlc mozillaplugin 1.1.5-1pm.)

I have openSUSE 11.2 and use firefox 3.5.11 (opensuse) and occasionally 3.6.x
(mozilla version).

Please if you know a plugin which plays the above video, let me know.

Thank you in advance,

Istvan
I am using Firefox 3.6.13 with Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102 plug-in and I
have no problem at all watching the above (except for the language of
course :-) ).
Basil,
I think you only see the flash ad which introduces the actual video.
Correct me if I am wrong.
I can see the flash ad as well but after it the video window becomes blank.

Thanks for checking it, nevertheless.

No, it's not an ad - it seems to be a news report or commentary which is
9m 56s long from a TV station's newsroom.
That's correct. If I disable all plugins except of flash-player the video is
not played,
only the ad. I installed moonlight plugin as Carl and Albert suggested and it
works with
some of the video files.

Thanks again,

Istvan

No, no, no.

We seem to have a problem with language and getting the message across.

I ONLY have the flash player installed in Firefox. No 'moonlight' or any other plugin installed - just simply flash as I mentioned in my earlier post.

And I do NOT see any 'ad' but the news item broadcast from the news desk of the MTV studio!

Here is what I see:

http://picpaste.com/mtv-hungary-nmYP5Dqo.png

Now is this an ad. or what?!

BC

--
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and
won't change the subject.