Re: [opensuse] Connecting iPod to OpenSUSE
  • From: Jimmy Pierre <jimmypierre.rouen.france@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 07:02:20 +0100
On 27 déc. 2010, at 04:13, Terry Eck <terry_eck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Connected an iPod to USB port on OpenSUSE 11.3 and nothing shows up.
Anyone know of software which will "see" the iPod directories? Is this
even possible.
Thanks,
Terry

--
openSUSE 11.3 -- Kernel 2.6.34 -- GNU/Linux -- Sun 12/26/10
21:10pm up 3 days 11:52, 3 users, load average: 0.11, 0.18, 0.23

Hi Terry

I successfully achieved this with my iPhone 3 and 4. Even from a terminal. I
used Yast and Google. In Yast I typed iPhone in a search for packages

In Google iPhone and openSUSE there are recipes to follow and now I can just do
that

Please bear in mind that the databases of songs, movies etc. are proprietary.
So whatever you manage there will not be reflected on the iPod itself

Have fun
Jimmy

PS I made a demo of smeegol recently and I could do a few things with my
iPhone--