Re: [opensuse] Question about Free Software policies within the openSUSE Project
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 19:31:30 -0500
On Fri, 2010-12-24 at 00:47 +0200, Kostas Boukouvalas wrote:
My opinion is only that if just one of the gigantic distributions like
Redhat-Fedora SLED/S-openSUSE and Debian-Ubuntu would decide one day to
create a 100% free software edition of itself, that would help a lot to
promote Free Software and have a very strong player,

I believe they would have created a package almost nobody who actually
has a reason to use a computer would ever choose to use.

<aside>Isn't Debian already that anyway? Ok, Debian destop user's raise
their hands... <crickets/></aside>