Re: [opensuse] Question about Free Software policies within the openSUSE Project
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:51:03 -0500
On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 14:09 +0200, Kostas Boukouvalas wrote:
What are the Free Software policies inside the openSUSE project?
The only thing FSF notices that separates openSUSE Project from the
Emacs Church is "openSUSE offers its users access to a repository of
nonfree software" [1].
Could this change? I mean, could this repository be ousted from openSUSE
but still being accessible by openSUSE users if they want to?
Instructions could be given in forums outside the wiki or the official
openSUSE community sites.

-1 NO! Bad idea.

What is the point of making things *harder* to find? None.

Not mention the high importance of having the analytical list of
non-free software that may is needed in openSUSE to run efficiently.
This would help a lot, programmers, to create new free software and have
a roadmap to where they are going.

There is no doubt that "Programmers" [I assume you mean "developers"]
already know this information.