Re: [opensuse] Can't login -> 'Module is unknown' - libresmgr.so.1 invalid ELF header?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:20:32 -0600
On 12/21/2010 02:54 AM, Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:06:26 -0600, "David C. Rankin"
<drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

... lib/libresmgr.so.1 invalid ELF header

So the library is corrupted. Check the file system and reinstall the
package that contains this library.

Huh? I know it is close to Christmas, but I don't need any invalid elfs in my
box. Bahumbug... So googling ELF it's some Extended Language Facility

It's not a facility, it's the file format used for all compiled
objects and executables. Just like PE for Windows. See here for an
explanation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executable_and_Linkable_Format

, but what I don't know is "is this related to the problem logging in?

PAM needs the library for authentication. If loading it fails, so does
the authentication and the login is rejected.

Philipp

John, Christian, Philipp:

Thank you for your help. I'll boot from the install media and reinstall
resmgr
and let you know how it goes. The disk did have problems a while back, so I
guess that library was on the damaged part of the disk. Thanks again.

P.S. Philipp -- I'll get with the tumbleweed developer and see if I can help, I
have been time starved for the past few weeks, but should have a bit of
breathing room over the holiday.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC