Re: [opensuse] mail gurus - help: postfix/local - bounced (can't create user output file)??
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:32:07 -0600
On 12/20/2010 01:23 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
David C. Rankin wrote:

Guys,

I have a weird postfix error that is causing incoming mail to *me* on
a new server to bounce. (imap-postfix/procmail/dovecot) Other users
are fine.

How is your user different from the other?

it's not, nothing different at all. I suspect if it was a user problem, I would
see the same behavior when I moved the /var/spool/mail/david to david-sav and
let postfix/procmail create a new one. But that works just fine.

What about a receiving example with a user that works?

Same thing except instead of bounced, I get:

status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -a "$EXTENSION")

Check /var/log/audit/audit.log for any issues.

Nothing out of the ordinary

What is your mailbox_command defined as?

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -a "$EXTENSION"

I haven't had time to work on it today, but I suspect there is
something that
corrupted the mail file for writing. It is just frustrating not to be able to
figure out why. I can read from it just fine, I just can't write to it. I wonder
if I could just move it to ~/Mail and subscribe to it as a folder and copy the
emails over? Will see.

If you have any other ideas let me know.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC