[opensuse] 11.3 - zypper up - fails: cpio error ... is a directory (python-distribute, thunar-doc)
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:33:07 -0600
Guys

In the large update I'm doing on an 11.3 box today, zypper up has
failed twice
so far with only about 1/4 of the updates done. The errors are cpio error where
unpacking the rpm results in zypper up aborting because it is trying to unpack
something that should be a file, but instead finds a directory.

The error is something to the effect, error extracting .... is a
directory.
(a)bort (r)etry (i)gnore?

So far the following packages have caused the errors:

python-distribute
thunar-doc

Can anyone else confirm this? If so, I'll file the bug. If you want to
see
anything else, let me know and I'll get it.

Hopefully, I will get X back after this update. After updates ~10 days
ago, X
would not start and I haven't had time to mess with it since. So if it's not
back, looks like today is the day :p

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC