Re: [opensuse] backups choice
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 12:38:54 +0100
Hi!

Am Sonntag 19 Dezember 2010 schrieb C. Brouerius van Nidek:
Have to admit that I am do not backup on regularly. There are some files,
especially photos, that I save on cdrom but everything else I leave to the
chance that something happens to my hard drive and I loose all my setups
and personal files.
I want to change that. Its one of my good intentions for 2011 ;) .

I want to use a 2Gb usb stick. Looking into the backup programs in Yast I
am really confused which of the programs would be best suited for me. The
usb stick should not be inserted all the time.
Advice please.

I found rsnapshot to work very well. Both for Stick based as well as network
based setups.

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

„Der einzige Weg, die Grenzen des Möglichen zu finden, ist ein klein wenig
über diese hinaus in das Unmögliche vorzustoßen.“ - Arthur C. Clarke
< Previous Next >