Re: [opensuse] xinitd: package imap not installed: service can not be enabled.
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 08:30:20 -0500
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-17-10 08:15]:
On Thursday, 2010-12-16 at 20:57 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

I still find that ssh [-Y} is the simplest. And you could do the same
with ssh/pine/alpine/????.

No, it doesn't work. Alpine sees the previous alpine session, takes
the lock, and the first session becomes read-only. The inbox file is
what it checks. It should be possible to work r/w on different
folders, but the detection is done on the inbox only.

Ah, a mutt plus :^)

Mutt opens in the read mode and initiates editing (if external editor is
configured) externally. I can opens and read/reply to the same msg as
many instances as I wish and/or tag several msgs to combine into a single
reply with each quoted.

but we have wandered far from the posted Subject and should start another
thread or stop :^)