Re: [opensuse] xinitd: package imap not installed: service can not be enabled.
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 06:35:47 -0500
On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 12:25 +0100, Oddball wrote:
Hi List,
xinetd needs a package called imap, to enable the service, which can not
be found

Really? Which IMAP server? Cyrus [awesome!], Dovecot, and other I
believe all run as independent services [not under the superserver].
Antique UW-IMAP is the only one I'm aware of that uses the superserver -
if you install that does an xinetd service appear?

If this package exists: where would this be?
if not: and this should/could be a script: what should be in there, and
where should it reside?
some help greatly appreciated, even from 'oldtimers' who consider me a
'youngster' :-)