Re: [opensuse] kde4 admin password prompts PoP *Under* dialogs
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:46:51 +1100
On 15/12/2010 18:15, David C. Rankin wrote:
Guys,

Is there a way to fix kde4 so the "Administrator" password prompts don't pop *under* the dialog they are needed for? Installing a kdm theme, and you never get the prompt to enter the root password because the password dialog has popped under the login manager window. If you have your plasma panel set to autohide, you just sit there wondering what's up until you unhide the panel and find a white icon window there connected to the dialog prompting for the password.

Also, why cant we setup the kdesurc in kde4 to give seemless access to those items that need administrative rights for certain users? In earlier versions of kde4 the old kwrite trick worked where kdesurc was configured as follows:

01:13 alchemy:~> cat .kde4/share/config/kdesurc
[Passwords]
Keep=true

[super-user-command]
super-user-command=sudo

Now that no longer works. Has the current kde4 changed to require kdesu instead of sudo? If so, can I just specify kdesu in kdesurc instead and get the desired behavior.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kuddos to the kde4 devs, I can now add a submenu to the panel. Man what a difference that makes...

What does ARCH do under the same circumstance?

BC

--
The calendar's days are numbered!