Re: [opensuse] kde4: 1.6G nepomuk/ (any way to limit this?)
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:32:09 +0100
On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 04:59, David C. Rankin wrote:
Guys

       Wondering why my .kde4 directory had ballooned to 2.7G, I did a du
-hs on share/apps and noticed that nepomuk was eating 1.6G of space. I never
use this thing and to my understanding it is still an application looking
for a use. Yes, it is supposedly some generic metadata handler/index thing.
So far I've never found a use for it. However, I'm concerned that it is one
of those things that is integrated into everything like windows explorer and
I don't know if I can just turn it off without further destabilizing kde4.

       If I can turn it off, how do you do it? If I can't, then how can I
tell it to only use 50M or so? 1.6G is just nuts. I suspect many of you have
much larger indexes. Has anyone looked to tone this thing down and keep the
index size smaller?

       All ideas are welcome. (even the -- it's just like beagle -- kill it)
approach would be fine.

Go to Configure Desktop > Desktop Search and disable it. This does
not delete the index though.

C.