Re: [opensuse] upgrading 11.4
  • From: Bob S <911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 21:09:33 -0500
On Tuesday 14 December 2010 07:19:37 Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 14/12/10 01:02, Bob S escribió:
Hello SuSE people,

Trying to upgrade 11.4 from the command line with a zypper up.
It goes through the whole routine of what it is going to do and then
brings up the license agreement and stops. I can scroll to the end but
I can't agree to it because it never gets that far.

Anybody can tell me what is happening here?

Bob S

Note that 11.4 is currently experimental.

Upgrade instructions:

a) add the repositories, and disable all 11.3 repos
b) upgrade libzypp and friends FIRST, "zypper in zypper" will probably
do the trick
c) Upgrade your system using zypper dup (yes, DUP not up)
d) ????
f) profit

Thanks Cristian

Your advice posted here may help others.

I didn't mean upgrade from 11.3 to 11.4. Just to upgrade 11.4 itself.
I have 11.4 as a separate install.

Bob S