Re: [opensuse] [slightly OT:] DHCP and Windows (yuck...)
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:48:47 -0500
Roger Oberholtzer said the following on 12/13/2010 09:42 AM:

Hmm.
So you have control over the Windows DHCP server ...

In so much as we can control what it tells devices on our subnet. But is
it subnet-wide, which is causing part of the problem.

Option: Set it to tell the devices nothing
aka blank config
Option: Set it to tell the devices to ask the Linux server
Googling I find entries for using 'next-server' on Windows DHCP

http://efreedom.com/Question/3-175643/Windows-Redirect-Dhcp-Traffic-Alternative-Port
which gets back to my idea about suing MAC addresses

--
The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own
good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of