Re: [opensuse] [slightly OT:] DHCP and Windows (yuck...)
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:04:51 -0500
Roger Oberholtzer said the following on 12/13/2010 08:38 AM:

I guess I am sending out feelers to see if anyone else has an openSUSE
diskless boot sequence (boot images on an openSUSE tftp server) that
involves a Windows dhcp server.

Hmm.
So you have control over the Windows DHCP server ...

If this were me; the first experiment I'd try is cutting it out of the
loop altogether.

Then I'd try configuring it as a relay agent -- yes I know its on the
same segment and isn't a router -- to the Linux server.

Finally I'd think about using MAC addresses in the configuration,
possible with a split subnet.

Don't rely on Microsoft being fully compliant with the standard or fully
implementing it.

--
The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for
themselves.