Re: [opensuse] Where is asterisk???`
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 19:25:22 +1100
On 10/12/2010 18:19, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 12/10/2010 02:55 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
[pruned]

Only last week I installed an app (cannot remember now which one it
was) which did not show up anywhere; I had the exact same situation as
James. It only showed up when I *rebooted* - and I mean rebooted.
You only did it last week...and you can't remember? And there are many
times...but you can't name one?

No, I cannot remember.

I fool around with Fedora, Linux Mint, Ubuntu, Knoppix, openSUSE, Ultimate Edition, PCLinux.....

You have a problem with me not remembering which which app it was?
I think it all has to do with the fact that Linux keeps apps/config
files in RAM when they are running and simply changing users
(logout/login) does not clear what is retained in RAM.

Sorry, without your giving concrete evidence I will go with my personal
experience.

Go with whatever you want....I really don't give a tinker's cuss :-) .

BC

--
The calendar's days are numbered!