Re: [opensuse] opensuse chroot install from another os that have zypper installed
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 17:55:24 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2010-12-10 at 13:54 +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 15:44 +0300, Vasiliy G Tolstov wrote:
Hello. I'm try to build opensuse chroot environment undex another linux
(Exherbo). I'm build zypper and all needed stuff to my system and try to
install patter base.

AFAIK, this does not even work from openSUSE. The YaST module that
claims to do that does not work (discussed a month or so ago on this
list). So, if you find out how to do this, please post it so I can see
if I can do the same on openSUSE.

What I have done often is "zypper dup" of one installation chrooted on another. Both opensuse, typically one stable, the duped one factory. I haven't done this yet on the current factory version.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)