Re: [opensuse] HUmm nothing is as simple as it used to be DNS server 11.3
  • From: Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:15:30 -0500
On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 16:02 -0500, James Knott wrote:
Peter Nikolic wrote:
Hi once again ..!
I need to get a working DNS server on an internal network port that has
absolutely zero effect at all on a wlan connection (just happens to be my
outside connection and gets it's ip from the wireless router)
the ethernet port i want to hang my NAS device off needs to have a dns
server
on it . now on 10.1 this was an absolute whiz simple as you like but
now
11.3 Oh boy how the heck does one setup a dns on 11.3 that talks to eth0
only with a base address of 192.168.1.1

In /etc/named.conf specify a "listen" directive?

Like "listen-on { 192.168.1.1; };"

The default is "listen-on { any; };"

<http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/unix-linux-bsd-bind-dns-listenon-configuration/>

it must have no effect at all on wlan0

I don't understand what this means - running a service has "no effect at
all" on an *interface*.