Re: [opensuse] How do i win some space back?
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 18:36:38 +0100
Op 08-12-10 17:56, Andrew Z schreef:
Basil Chupin <blchupin@...> writes:

On 08/12/2010 04:31, Paul Constable wrote:

On Monday 06 Dec 2010 12:12:13 Oddball wrote:
Rob,
Have you tried an app called 'bleachbit'. It does an analysis of your
hard drive and suggests stuff to be deleted , thus freeing up tons of space.

Paul

I just had a look at bleachbit and personally I would use it with
caution. I ticked on an item just to see what would come up and I was
shown that all of my data in Firefox would get wiped - all my bookmarks,
cache, etc for example .

Not true: BleachBit does not delete "all of your data" in Firefox. It
gives you many options, and each option is clearly labeled. Only one
option removes your bookmarks, which gives you a popup warning (in
case you don't read the description). Even if you check all the
options under Firefox, it will not delete "all your data in Firefox"
such as your preferences, settings, extensions, etc. If disk space is
your concern (some people care more about privacy), then under
Firefox, only delete the Firefox cache and vacuum. Other,
generally-safe options in BleachBit to consider for freeing disk space

* Cache (listed other places)
* Vacuum (listed other places)
* System - Localizations
* APT/YUM
* Temporary files

Andrew
http://bleachbit.sf.net

Dear Andrew,

I understand your comment as writer of the app.
On the website is firefox shown.
Is this the only app bleachbit cleans?
I use openSUSE 11.3, but only 11.1 and 11.2 are listed.
Does that mean that i cannot install it?

regards,
Rob

--

Enjoy your time around,