Re: [opensuse] How do i win some space back?
  • From: Michael Harnden <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 05:12:14 -0500
On Wednesday, December 08, 2010 03:15:15 am Oddball wrote:

It turned out that TB was the space hog, and what disturbed me most was
that when i threw about 17.000+ mails away, nothing changed!
I thought it must be leftovers from updates or anything, and as i have
many computers, it did not matter to me to throw the whole ~.thunderbird
away...(mail gets in at least 3 of them every day so)
As i have lost so many files along the way, i could not realy get
setimental over what i or anybody else had said somewhere in the past.
Everything is changing fast anyway...
Nice you replied to the thread. ;-)

regards,

Rob.

I haven't used Thunderbird in a while, but don't you have to "Compact" your
folders after deleting emails in them to actually purge deleted files from them.
Mike