Re: [opensuse] How do i win some space back?
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 09:28:50 -0500
Dave Howorth said the following on 12/07/2010 05:27 AM:
Anton Aylward wrote:

All my filesystems except root are resiser so they can easily be shrunk
or grown on the LVM substrate. Over the past few years I've gown or
split-and-shrunk what's under /home/anton quite a number of times.
No big deal.

But its no big deal because I decided to use LVM and reiser.
If you didn't do that then you may have a lot of work ahead of you to do
what takes me just a few minutes and is low risk.

+1

I do this. Some of the subdirectories are NFS-mounted as well so I see
the same things wherever I log in.

Oh, right, I forgot to mention that.
Having an old "Salvation Army Special" whose only job is to act as a
file server for my workstation is a joy.

It is also one way to free up space; in fact its one way to free up
partitions so you can build LVM.

No! Wait! Its one way you can build a diskless workstation!
A bit of help from DNS, DHCP and PXE ... voilĂ .
See google for details :-)
(And yes I've tried it.)

--
The two pillars of `political correctness' are,
a) wilful ignorance, and