[opensuse] Re: How do i win some space back?
  • From: Michael Powell <nightrecon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 18:12:53 -0500
John Andersen wrote:

[snip]

If you have had this machine running for a while you may find several
kernels (and perhaps sources there of) remaining installed.

I did the multiversion = provides:multiversion(kernel) thing and began to
acquire multiple kernels.

You need to go into yast and remove those obsolete kernels, kernel images,
and source trees. It can add up to quite a lot.

Unfortunately however, Yast on my box doesn't see any of the other 4 or 5
and so will not remove them. Figure I need to dig up some command line
switches for zypper and find out "the hard way" to do it, but am just lazy
and haven't gotten 'round to it. Would be really nice if there was a way to
tell Yast those other 4 or 5 obsolete kernels were out there.

-Mike