Re: [opensuse] How do i win some space back?
  • From: Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 22:02:23 +0100
On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 21:35 +0100, Oddball wrote:
Op 06-12-10 21:29, Hans Witvliet schreef:

Well imho, used imap instead of pop.
It leaves all the messages of your mail-server, instead of copying to your
mail client.

It has some other nice side effects, like you can read your mail from
different machines,
or (more) easily re-install a client machine without having to copy all of
your mail-folders across.

hw

I don't know if that is possible with my mailserver, or even how to
set-up such imap, but i will deepen my insight a little on the matter,
sounds very interresting....

Rob.

--
There are some nice howto's around,
about postfix + dovecot + mysql / openldap

Worthwhile reading material, specially as all componentes are either
within the (full) distro and the very latest of them on the OBS.