Re: [opensuse] How do i win some space back?
  • From: Holger Hetterich <hhetter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:17:23 +0100
Am Montag, den 06.12.2010, 09:09 -0500 schrieb Anton Aylward:
Holger Hetterich said the following on 12/06/2010 08:43 AM:

I'd also check to see if your 'mount' operations are hiding files.
For example, a mount of a /tmp/ file system - which is normally a good
thing for various reasons, may hide temporary files created in the boot
sequence (or for some other reason) before the /tmp/ was mounted.

I've set delete TMP dirs on boot in sysconfig, cleaning up my temp dir
from time to time.

Yes, but that wasn't what I was talking about.

EVERY mounted file system _could_ be hiding files or directories, not
just /tmp/

Argh, I was typing too fast, sorry. My statement about deleting the temp
dir on boot was not meant to refer to your note. It was just meant as an
add on to the tipps given in the thread.

Holger

--
Holger Hetterich, hhetter@xxxxxxxxxx,
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany