Re: [opensuse] Serial to USB adaptor
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 11:37:21 +0000
Philipp Thomas wrote:
I still wonder why Intel thought no one would need something like this ...

Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
Interesting read. This is why we have made our own little dongles to
which we attach various devices. These time stamp (or the equivalent)
things and then pass them on the ethernet to the collection systems.
This way we have everything synchronized to within 1 wheel pulse (<
0.9mm) of vehicle movement.

I think this answers Philipp's puzzlement. Intel expects that
measurement devices will contain enough intelligence to enable
measurement collection to be asynchronous. Or at least they will be
interfaced via such devices.

Cheers, Dave