[opensuse] eGroupware - Version 1.8 has been released. Update from 1.6 -> 1.8 is painless.
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 22:32:06 -0600
All,

I don't know how many of you use eGroupware, but the 1.8 branch has been out since September. The update is painless. Here are a few notes from from the update. Just make sure you have the pdo_sqlite module enabled (which you should by default).

The easiest update is just to move your current install to a new folder:

cd /srv/www/htdocs
mv egroupware egroupware_16

Then just checkout the new version from svn:

svn checkout \
http://svn.egroupware.org/egroupware/branches/1.8/aliases/default .

(the '.' is required)

Then just:

(1) copy your header.inc.php from egroupware_16 to egroupware

there is one new check included around the 'ob_start()' function in the 1.8 header.inc.php. Just make the following addition (in context)

if (substr($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'],-7) != 'dav.php') // dont do it for webdav/groupdav, as we can not savely switch it off again
{
ob_start(); // to prevent error messages to be send before our headers
}

(2) make sure the egroupware/setup directory is writeable by the web server (chown wwwrun:www egroupware/setup)

(3) then just point your browser to http://yourserver/egroupware/setup and let it update the mysql database and then 'check installation' to see if there are any other changes you need (jpgraph install will be needed for gant charts). Other than that, your done.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC