Re: [opensuse] How to prevent gnome screenlets from starting in kde4?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 20:59:47 -0600
On 12/04/2010 03:54 PM, John Andersen wrote:
I'm guessing this is a saved session thing.
Set it to start with a new session once, and then log out and in again. Then
set
it to remember your session's apps.

Thanks John,

That what I thought too, but I never 'started' it to begin with in kde4. I've run screenlets in gnome, but not kde (3 or 4). There is some bug (maybe gnome/maybe kde4) that causes gnome screenlets to load if you use them in gnome.

Also, there is some interplay between the kde menu and gnome menu that I suspect also includes (unintentionally) a commonality between the 'autostart' of some of the apps as well. If you edit your gnome menus, you see changes in kde menus as well, but I haven't noticed the reverse. I've seen this is both SuSE and Arch Linux, so it isn't a distro issue.

Dunno, but I'll see if I can load/unload and save session to see if I can prevent gnome screenlets from starting.

The troubling part is -- what in the hell is triggering it to load to begin with?? Magic?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC